The following steps provide an overview of how to set up a large scene using Scene Assembly.
To build a scene with Scene Assembly
- Create a new project.
The Scene Assembly setup is simplest when you have already created a Maya project. This ensures the required default directories,
such as the scene and cache directories, exist before you begin.
- Prepare to create representations for each production asset you want in the scene.
- Create an assembly definition for each asset.
- Add assembly representations to the assembly definition.
- Assemble the scene using assembly references.
- Expand the scene by building a hierarchy of assembly references.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License