create a simple cap for the salt shaker, you’ll create a sphere,
alter its shape, and position it above the body.
To create and modify a sphere for the
salt shaker’s cap
Create > NURBS Primitives > Sphere > . In
the options window, select Edit > Reset Settings,
and click the Create button. Maya puts the sphere
at the origin, its display currently obstructed by the salt shaker body.
- Name the sphere Cap.
- Move the cap to the top of the body.
- Scale the cap size so that its diameter
fits snugly at the top of the body.
- Adjust the cap’s position as desired.
- In a side view, make sure that the cap
is displayed as a wireframe.
- Right-click on the Cap and choose Control
Vertex from the marking menu.
- Select the top row of CVs and drag them
down until the top of the cap is flattened:
Check that the bottom
half of the cap isn’t poking through the visible surface of the
body. You can scale the bottom CVs inward to avoid this problem.