To see how hair and dynamic curves react when forces are applied to them, play the simulation. To make changes to the hair
system or follicle attributes while the simulation is running, select nSolver > Interactive Playback.
To tweak the hair simulation, adjust attributes such as the ,, and attributes in the section of the hairSystemShape. See hairSystemShape. You may also need to adjust Nucleus node attributes such , , and . See nucleus.
There may be performance issues with playback if output is set to and the number of curves is high. As a workaround to provide faster interactive feedback, create hair with output set to
, and hide the group containing the output curves. Then in the hairSystemShape, set the to 1 and the to 0.
In some instances, you can improve playback performance by turning on the Disable Follicle Anim attribute. See Improve nHair simulation and cache playback performance.
To play the simulation
- Increase your frame range, for example, to 1000.
- Select nHair > Display > .
- Click the button to play the simulation. Watch the hair react to dynamic forces as the simulation plays.
To play and interact with an nHair simulation
- Increase your frame range, for example, to 10000.
- Select nSolver > Interactive Playback.
- Interact with the hair simulation while it’s running, including modifying dynamic hair system and follicle attributes, as
well as transforming the surfaces to which the hair or dynamic curves are attached to see how the hair behaves.
- Click thebutton to stop the simulation.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License