Many existing Japanese/Simplified Chinese users of Maya may already be comfortable working within the English language user
interface of Maya.
If you’re working on a Windows operating system with a Japanese/Simplified Chinese language environment and want to use Maya
in English, you can do so by setting the MAYA_UI_LANGUAGE environment variable.
To run Maya in English within a Japanese/Simplified Chinese environment (Windows)
- Right-click on the icon on the Windows Desktop, and select from the drop-down list that appears.
NoteOn Windows 7, right-click your computer name and select Properties, then Advanced system settings.
- In the window, click the Advanced tab.
- Click the button.
The Environment Variables window appears.
- In the > section, click .
- In the text field, type: MAYA_UI_LANGUAGE
- In the text field, type: en_US
- Launch Maya.
If you later want to run Maya in Japanese/Simplified Chinese, you can set your environment variable value to ja_JP (for Japanese) and zh_CN (for Simplified Chinese) or remove the variable from the list of environment variables.
ImportantYou must set the MAYA_UI_LANGUAGE environment variable via the System Preferences. Setting this environment variable in the
Maya.env file does not affect Maya behavior.
To run Maya in English within a Japanese/Simplified Chinese environment (Mac OS X)
- Temporarily set the language to English within the International preferences section of the Systems Preferences.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License