The hotbox contains every action available in the Maya interface. It appears when you hold down the space bar.
The hotbox has three main functions:
- It contains every menu and menu item. This is useful if you want to quickly use an action from another menu set without switching
- You can use the hotbox to select actions even if you’ve hidden the menu bar and other UI to save space.
- The hotbox provides five customizable marking menus you can show by clicking inside, above, below, left, or right of the hotbox
To select an action from the hotbox
- Hold the space bar to show the hotbox.
The hotbox remains on screen as long as you hold the space bar.
- Click a menu and drag while you select an option, or click an empty area anywhere around the hotbox to show additional marking
TipClicking the tear-off line at the top of a marking menu opens it in a separate window.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License