You can use the decay region manipulators to set decay regions interactively on a spot light. (Alternatively, you can enter exact distance positioning in the . See Decay Regions attributes.)
The decay regions indicate the regions you want to light and the regions you don’t want to light in the shape of three truncated
cones. Use the decay region manipulators to precisely indicate these regions.
When interacting with the spot light to get precision lighting for distance dimension, adjust the scene view so that it is
perpendicular to the spot light icon, making it easier to see the distance effect head-on.
To interactively set decay regions
- Make sure the attribute is turned on.
To turn on the decay region manipulators, see Show, hide, or resize a light manipulator.
- Click the until you can see the decay regions on the spot light’s icon. (To learn more about the , see Show, hide, or resize a light manipulator.)
- Drag the decay region rings to set start and end distances. If you want, you can verify and fine-tune these values in the
When Interactively setting a light’s decay regions:
- Leave the open and IPR render the scene so you can make changes interactively to get the look you want.
- Apply a (click the box next to in the section of a spot light’s to see the results.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License