If you open the Outliner,
you can see that this scene has already been organized into assets
(the buildings and the animated police car). Now you can add some
lightposts to make the city more believable.
To add lightposts to the scene
File > Import.
- Navigate to the assets directory and
- Click Import.
The lightpost is imported
into the scene.
- Select the lightpost and open the Channel
- In the lightpost_AST section,
set the translate values to -637, 0.85,
You can now duplicate
this lightpost container to set up more lightposts in regular intervals
across your scene.
To clean up the Outliner,
you can select all the lightpost containers and place them all in
a single asset as well.
To create an asset for all the lightposts
- Select all the lightpost asset in the Outliner.
Assets > Create Asset with Transform > .
Asset with Transform options window appears.
- In the Create Asset with Transform options
window, select Edit > Reset Settings.
- Under the Include Options,
turn on Include Shading Network.
- Click Apply and Close.
Maya encapsulates all
the lightpost assets into a single asset.
- In the Outliner, change the name of the
asset to All_lightposts_AST.