addition to creating NURBS surfaces using curves, you can edit and
sculpt surfaces and primitive objects in Maya using the Sculpt
The Sculpt Geometry Tool allows
you to interactively push or pull on the surface regions to create
areas that are embossed or in relief in relation to the surface.
In this lesson, you learn
some of the basic concepts of these tools by sculpting a cartoon
face and head from a NURBS primitive sphere using the Sculpt Geometry
In this lesson you learn:
- Basic sculpting operations (push, pull,
smooth, relax and erase) with the Sculpt Geometry Tool.
- How the density of isoparametric lines
affects the surface detail possible when sculpting.
- How to increase the surface subdivisions
on a NURBS surface to aid with surface sculpting.
- How to change the brush radius for the Sculpt
- How Opacity and Max
Displacement affect the sculpting operations.
- How to import geometry from a pre-existing
file into your current scene.