are points that display as dots, streaks, spheres, or other shapes.
Particles can have attributes applied to them so they animate and
render to simulate natural phenomena.
You can create particles
by clicking positions in the scene view, or you can create them
with an emitter that shoots particles into view.
animate particles, you typically apply fields such as gravity or
wind. By combining emitters, particles, and fields, you can create
natural phenomena such as smoke, fireworks, or rain.
In this lesson, you will
be introduced to some of the basic concepts of particles and use
particles, emitters, and volume fields to create a fountain-like effect.
In this lesson, you learn how to:
- Create a particle emitter in your scene.
- Create a field to direct the movement
- Use a volume shape to control the movement
- Work with particle attributes.
- Color particles.
- Use a color ramp to add colors to the
- Render the particles using mental ray
for Maya rendering.