ocean effect is defined by a plane with an ocean shader assigned
to it. Ocean effects are not created with fluid containers like the
dynamic and non-dynamic fluid effects you created in the first three
A shader is a collection
of attributes that define color and other surface characteristics
of the plane it is assigned to. For an ocean shader, these attributes
define realistic waves on large bodies of water.
In this lesson, you create
an ocean, put a cube in it, and see how the cube floats in the ocean.
You learn how to:
- Create an ocean plane and shader.
- Create a preview plane to see the effects
of the shader, including displacement, without rendering.
- Modify the ocean shader attributes to
make the waves bigger.
- Make an object a boat in the scene.
- Modify the attributes for an expression
that controls the buoyancy of the boat in the ocean.
Before beginning the
lesson, do the steps in
Preparing for the lessons.