You can disconnect joints in a skeleton to separate joint chains. The joint that is disconnected becomes the root joint of
a new skeleton.
- If you disconnect a joint in a joint chain that has an IK handle, the IK handle will be deleted.
- You can not disconnect a root joint.
- You can disconnect the joints of a character with a bound skin without having to detach its skin.
To disconnect joints
- Select the joint you want to disconnect.
- Open the menu set (press F2).
- Do one of the following:
A marking menu appears.
The bone between the current joint and its parent joint is removed.
The joint disconnects from its skeleton and becomes the root of a new skeleton.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License