If your character's joints are named according to the HumanIK naming conventions (listed in the Name Match view), you can
apply the HIK naming template to automatically complete the mapping process.
To define a skeleton using the HIK naming template
- the file Mia.mb.
This file can be found in the GettingStarted2014LessonData\HumanIK directory that you set as your Maya project.
A character named Mia appears in the Maya scene.
- Select to open the .
- Click in the section of the pane.
This creates a new character (named Character1 by default) and opens the tab.
- Select one of Mia's bones in the scene.
- Click the icon in the tab toolbar.
The dialog box opens.
- Select from the drop-down list.
- The option will match all of the bones in Mia's body.
Make sure this option is selected and Mia's name is entered as the prefix.
- Click .
The template is applied and Mia's skeleton definition is valid.
- -click anywhere in the Character view and select from the menu that appears.
Note that all of Mia's nodes have been matched based on the HumanIK naming conventions. Mia's joints use the same joint names
as those listed in the Name Match view.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License