In this lesson, you explored
additional tools and skills within Maya as you continued with the
construction of the classic temple. In this lesson you learned how
- Use your mouse to change the view of
your scene using the dolly, track, and tumble camera tools in both
the orthographic and perspective views.
- Rotate objects using the transformation
tools in the Toolbox and the Channel
- Group objects so they can be transformed
as a unit.
- Display objects in both wire frame and
- Access the Hypergraph to
view nodes and hierarchies. You are also learning that many tasks
in Maya can be completed or approached using multiple techniques.
- Rename nodes within the Hypergraph.
- Select objects in your scene using the Hypergraph.
- Use the group pivot point to your advantage
when duplicating objects.
Before proceeding with
the next lesson you may want to review the material presented in
this lesson so you are familiar with the concepts and skills associated
with them. Some suggested tasks you can try on your own include:
- Practice using the view camera tools
(dolly, track, and tumble) so you can navigate within the scene
- Practice moving and rotating objects,
and changing between the various scene views (single perspective,
four view, single side, single top, and so on).
- View objects in the Hypergraph so
you can understand their relationships and hierarchy.