In this lesson, you learned
how to create a user interface from an existing MEL procedure. You
- Create a window
- Create user interface controls in a window
- Use conditional statements to check the
existence of a window
- Use a built-in Maya procedure
- Modify a user interface to add functionality
- Access elements of an array
- Query and edit user interface values
- Save and source a script
You can create fully
customized user interfaces with MEL scripting. There are additional
user interface elements not covered in this lesson.
For a full list of user
interface elements, look in the MEL Command Reference.
You can open the MEL command reference by selecting
Help > MEL Command Reference from
the menu bar. User interface commands are in the Windows category
of the MEL Command Reference.