In the following steps,
you set a playback range that’s long enough to see the animation
clearly. You also create the ball and the door, and position them in
the scene view in preparation for the animation.
- Make sure you’ve done the steps in
Preparing for the lessons.
- Create a new scene.
- Go to the start frame.
- Create a polygonal cube and name it Door.
- With the pointer in the perspective view,
press 5 (for Shading > Smooth Shade All).
- Scale and position it roughly as shown.
Have the bottom edge of the door lie roughly along the X-axis.
- Create a small polygonal sphere and name
it Ball. Scale and
position it roughly as shown in the prior figure in the introduction.
Have it sit roughly at 0, 1, 10 (X, Y, Z).