A simple technique for creating NURBS surfaces
is to create a curve for the profile of your desired form and then
create a surface using one of the various NURBS surfacing tools
available in Maya. In this lesson, you create an egg holder using
NURBS curves and the Revolve Tool.
In this lesson you learn
- Create a NURBS curve using the control
vertices (CV) creation technique.
- Use the grid for visual reference when
- Determine the start and end points for
a NURBS curve and its direction.
- Create a revolved NURBS surface using
the Revolve tool.
- Change the display shading smoothness
for a NURBS surface.
- Edit a NURBS surface by editing its initial
profile curve when it is linked to the surface by construction history.