In this lesson, you work
with a scene we created for your use. In the first steps of this
lesson, you open the scene and view the various elements that have been
created for your use.
- Make sure you’ve done the steps in
Preparing for the lessons.
- Open the scene file named IK_MechArm.mb.
This file can be found
in the GettingStarted directory
that you set as your Maya project:
The scene contains a
model of a mechanical arm and a cargo box to be moved by the arm.
The components of the mechanical arm include:
- A cargo magnet cup on the end
- Three arm segments
- A base for the arm to swivel about
- A four-legged base for the assembly
To work with this model
using IK you must create a hierarchy for it.