The hotbox contains every action available
in the Maya interface. It appears when you hold down the space bar.
The hotbox has three
- It contains every menu and menu item.
This is useful if you want to quickly use an action from another
menu set without switching menu sets.
- You can use the hotbox to select actions
even if you’ve hidden the menu bar and other UI to save space.
- The hotbox provides five customizable
marking menus you can show by clicking inside, above, below, left,
or right of the hotbox menus.
To select an action from the hotbox
- Hold the space bar to show the hotbox.
The hotbox remains on screen as long as you hold the space bar.
- Click one of the menus, or hold above,
below, to the left, to the right, or in the center of the hotbox
to show marking menus.