We assume that you have
already installed and configured Python 2.6 or Python 3.1 on your
computer. Let’s call the directory where you installed Python yourPythonPath.
To install Python FBX:
- Follow the instructions of Installing
FBX SDK for your development platform (see Installing and Configuring).
Let’s call the directory
where you installed FBX SDK <yourFBXSDKpath>.
- Determine the directory name (<Pythonxxxxxx>) of the version
of Python FBX that you wish to install (see Platforms supported).
- Copy the contents of <yourFBXSDKpath>\lib\<Pythonxxxxxx>\ to yourPythonPath\Lib\site-packages\.
- Optional: Copy the sample programs for
Python FBX to a suitable location. The sample programs are in <yourFBXSDKpath>\examples\Python\.
- Optional: Copy the documentation for
FBX SDK to a suitable location. The documentation is in <yourFBXSDKpath>\doc.
- Optional: Delete <yourFBXSDKpath> and
its contents. If you have copied all the directories mentioned above,
you do not need the rest of the distribution for FBX SDK.