You can use the File Motion File Export to export .bvh files into 3ds Max.
To import a .bvh file into 3ds Max:
- Create a BIPED in the Systems > Create panel.
- Go to the BIPED settings under Motion.
- Open the Motion Capture tab. Twelve icons appear but only three are active.
- Click the first icon (top left, a folder and a camera) to display a file browser.
- Select bvh as the File of Type.
- Browse and select the .bvh file that you saved in MotionBuilder.
TipIf you do not need to work with all the data in a raw motion-capture file, you can choose Use Key Reduction in 3ds Max to
reduce keys for simpler key editing. Doing so minimizes the file size.
- Activate the Point option under Knee and Elbow in Limb Orientation.
- Click OK in the dialog box.
- Play back the animation on the Biped.
Only one rotation order per file is supported.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License