Vault 2014 Products
This file contains information that became available prior to
releasing Autodesk Vault 2014 or that you will find useful while using
Autodesk Vault 2014.
For the latest version of this file please see the Autodesk Vault
WikiHelp web site.
System Requirements for all Vault products are accessible
through the Vault install and www.autodesk.com/vault-system.
DISCLAIMER: Migrating data from a Beta
product to the released product is not supported.
Data Management Server Installation Information
- If you have previous Beta Vault products installed on your
machine, you will need to uninstall them prior to installing this release.
- Uninstall the client software from all machines.
- Open the Beta ADMS Console.
- Delete all vaults and libraries.
- Delete the master vault
- Uninstall ADMS.
- Removing Autodesk Data Management Server will not remove
vault data. If you remove Autodesk Data Management Server, the SQL
server directory and file stores will remain intact. However, Autodesk
strongly recommends backing up all databases and necessary files prior
to removing Autodesk Data Management Server.
- By default, Autodesk Data Management Server communicates
using port 80. Some installed software running on port 80 can cause
conflicts with Autodesk Vault communication. To avoid conflicts when
installing the ADMS console, configure ADMS to use an open port between
1 and 65535.
- Installing ADMS onto a computer that has the Program Files
folder compressed is not supported and will cause the install to hang.
This is because SQL installations are not supported with this
- If you are planning on using Windows authentication within Vault
Professional when using Windows Server Operating Systems, the "Windows
Authentication" service for IIS must be installed.
- When installing the ADMS console on a machine that uses a
custom default web site and port 80, one of the following steps is
- Change the port of the Default Web Site to another
number and restart the server installation.
- Remove the default web site and restart the server
- When using a Remote SQL for your existing environment you may have to update the
Remote SQL settings during the installation process.
- Vault Basic ADMS installs 32-bit SQL 2008 Express SP3 if SQL is not
already installed on the system. If 64-bit SQL 2008 Express is desired,
download 64-bit SQL 2008 Express SP3 from Microsoft and follow the
directions in the Vault Advanced Configuration Guide for installing SQL before Vault Basic ADMS.
- Vault Professional ADMS installs 32 bit or 64 bit SQL Express SP3 depending on the bitness of the Operating System.
- Vault Professional can be installed in a SQL cluster
environment. Workflows occurring during a failover may be interrupted
and may need to be resubmitted.
- If your computer/domain is set up to require strong/complex
passwords, you will not be able to use the default SQL SA password used
by the Autodesk installer. Please use the Configuration pages in the
Autodesk Data Management Server install to specify an appropriate SA
password. Check with your IT administrator to get the requirements for
a strong/complex password.
- Installing SQL onto a computer that has the Program Files
folder compressed is not supported and will cause the install to hang.
- If you encounter a "Performance Counter Registry Hive
Consistency Check" error while installing SQL, please see this
Microsoft Knowledgebase article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300956
- Autodesk Vault 2014 installs SQL Server 2008 Express SP3 using the
Network Service account for SQL services. For security reasons,
Microsoft recommends that you do not install SQL Server 2008 on a
domain controller. SQL Server 2008 Express SP3 cannot be installed on a domain
controller under a local service account or a network service account. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx
- If intending to use Windows Authentication when logging
into Vault, the Windows Authentication checkbox in IIS must be enabled.
Solution TS15739768 for more information.
- When performing an upgrade from a previous release to 2014,
the IIS Configuration cannot be modified.
Working with Legacy Vault Data
|Supported Migration Versions
Vault Workgroup 2012
Vault Collaboration 2012
Vault Professional 2012
Vault Workgroup 2013
Vault Collaboration 2013
Vault Professional 2013
Prior Vault Clients and Add-Ins
- The Vault 2014 ADMS supports the use of any Vault 2012 release
and Vault 2013 release clients which match the Vault edition of ADMS.
- The Vault 2014 ADMS supports the use of any Vault 2012 release and Vault 2013 release Add-Ins.
- Add-Ins which have been patched to work with a Vault 2012 ADMS are not supported.
- It is not recommended to administer Vault or Global
settings through an older client. All administration of Vault and
Global settings should be done through ADMS Console or a Vault client
of the same release as the Vault server.
- New functionality available in Vault 2014 will not be
available in older Vault clients and Add-Ins.
Vault 2014 clients no longer display the ownership icon when another site has
ownership of an entity but the lease has expired. As a result older clients will
also not see the ownership icon. However, older Vault clients do not
automatically request ownership if the other site's lease has expired as Vault
2014 clients do. As a result, Users with older Vault clients may experience
errors opening, checking out, or performing other operations on files which
appear to be owned locally. In these cases, the user should manually request
ownership and try the operation again.
Some functionality in a Vault 2014 client may not work when only an older
version of the CAD application is installed or if an older version of the CAD
application was last run. Running Inventor View 2014 or the 2014 version of the
CAD application and then retrying the operation may resolve the issue.
- Property indexing for AutoCAD file types may not work if
the AutoCAD based product is installed on the same machine as the Vault
Server (ADMS). If indexing problems are encountered, a repair on the
ADMS Console installation should resolve the issue.
When the Vault Server (ADMS) and Vault Client are
installed on the same x64 machine, the Client should be installed after
the Server (ADMS) install. Otherwise certain Vault client
operations (e.g., Batch Plot, Update View) may result in an error.
- In order to view PDF thumbnails an iFilter must be
installed on the server. A PDF viewer such as PDF-Xchange Viewer may be
used to enable PDF thumbnails. Any viewer should be installed after
Adobe Reader on the server machine. A reboot and Re-Index of File
Properties is also required after the viewer is installed.
Client Install Information
- Please visit the Vault WikiHelp
for the full list of applications for which there are supported Vault
- The client and server require .NET 4.0 as a minimum. If .NET 4.0 is
not installed, then .NET 4.5 will be installed by the Vault 2014 Client
and Server installation. If .NET 4.0 is already installed then .NET 4.5
will not be installed by the Vault 2014 Client and Server installation.
- It is recommended that you start Autodesk Design Review
after installation and check for any updates.
- Autodesk Vault 2014 supports side-by-side client
installations with Autodesk Vault 2012 and Autodesk Vault 2013.
- If the install directory is a non-English directory
structure you will not be able to view the help file.
- Before installing a Vault client, make sure the Beta
version of DWF TrueView has been removed, otherwise the required
version of DWF TrueView cannot be installed by the Client.
- It is recommended that you allocate the minimum or higher
system requirements when running Autodesk Vault 2014 in virtual
environments. As virtual environments could cause unexpected
consequences, Autodesk reserves the right to ask that any customer
reported problems be reproduced on a physical machine outside the
VMware environment. Autodesk Vault 2014 was tested on VMware ESXi
version 5.0 and VMware Workstation version 9.0.1
- For information on certified virtualization vendors and
their respective solutions, see Microsoft’s products list at Server
Virtualization Validation Program home page.
- Microsoft’s support policy for Microsoft software
running in non-Microsoft hardware virtualization software can be found here.
- Microsoft’s support policy for Microsoft SQL Server
products running in a hardware virtualization environment can be found here.
All Vault Editions
- Beginning in Vault 2013, when "Update Part Number" is
unchecked during a Copy Design the copied parts will retain the
original part number. In previous releases the part number would have
- The last run version of Inventor on your machine will be
used for operations in the Vault Client, such as Copy Design. If the
last run version of Inventor is older than the version of the files you
are changing through the Vault client, then the Vault client will
display an error (for example, if you last ran Inventor 2013 on your computer
and then try to do a Copy Design on files last saved in Inventor 2014
the Copy Design will fail).
- Copy Design on a substitute part results in the new part
referencing the original derived assembly.
- When using Copy Design on an assembly that uses derived
components, if you attempt to change the master sketch on one file, it
will replace the master sketch on all files referencing the master
sketch. It is recommended that you copy all instances. Copying one
derived part but reusing another referencing the same master sketch is
- All library files may easily be set to Reuse by right
clicking on the main assembly and selecting Reuse Library Files.
- For more information on how to Enable Purge and how to use Autodesk Reference Repair Utility, please refer to Autodesk Vault WikiHelp web site.
(or Apprentice Server) must be present on the machine where Reference
Repair Utility run in order to process Inventor files.
For a successful scan by the
Reference Repair Utility, please ensure the following
(Release) of Inventor (or Apprentice Server) installed on the machine
is of same or higher than the version of Inventor with which the files
to be scanned are created.
- The last run version of Inventor (or
Apprentice Server) installed on the machine is of same or higher than
the version of Inventor with which the files to be scanned are created.
Server must be run at least once prior to processing Inventor files
using the Reference Repair Utility. For that, please run the
corresponding application (such as Inventor / Inventor View)
once. Otherwise, you may see a message about invalid path to
Inventor project file.
- CAD files with reference repaired manually may require Check Out and Check In before Assign/Update Item.
- AutoCAD LT and Inventor LT
- Batch plot is not supported with AutoCAD LT or Inventor
- Update view is not supported with Inventor LT. This
includes jobs sent to a jobserver on a machine running Inventor LT.
- Revision table functionality for assemblies is not
supported with Inventor LT. This includes jobs sent to a jobserver on a
machine running Inventor LT.
- When modifying the state transition criteria of a
lifecycle definition, the "Check that dependent child files are
released" option can now be found on the Actions tab.
- When revising a file, it is not possible to revise from a
- When creating or editing existing Custom Object
definitions, the changes will not populate in the Vault client until
the following login.
is now possible to remove tertiary links from an item. However, if the primary
link which caused the tertiary to be created remains on the item then the
tertiary link will be recreated the next time the item is updated. For instance:
if an .IPT with an .IDW is assigned to an item, the .IPT will get a primary link
and the .IDW will get a tertiary link. If the tertiary link to the IDW is
removed from the item, but the primary link to the .IPT is not, then on the next
update of the item the tertiary link to the .IDW will be recreated.
- Effectivity no longer controls the display of
Item bill of materials. An Item revision's bill of material was displayed in
previous releases of Vault as of the last instant the revision was the most
effective revision. In Vault Professional 2014, the Item revision's bill of
material will be displayed as of the last instant it was the latest released
migration to Vault Professional 2014 from Vault Professional 2011 or earlier,
any item links to structured components and part references in AutoCAD
Mechanical files and virtual parts in Inventor files will be migrated from
Primary, Secondary, or Standard Component links to Primary Subcomponent or
Secondary Subcomponent links. Please see the in product Help or the Vault
WikiHelp for more information on the new Subcomponent link types.
- Updating an item will only update the unpinned file
attachment versions for the item being updated. Any child items being
updated as a result will not have their file attachment versions
updated. You will need to update those items individually.
- In some cases
machines installed with Internet Explorer 9 will return the following
error when printing change order summary “There was an internal error,
and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document”. This error
should not appear on machines using Internet Explorer 8 or 10.
Client Language Configurations
Any client meeting the following criteria can work with any
server of any language meeting the server criteria below. Client
language and server language do not need to match.
- The Autodesk Vault client is supported on operating systems
of the following languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, English,
French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian,
Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese.
- An English language Vault client is supported on all
supported non-English language operating systems.
- A non-English Vault client must match the language of the
- The Vault Basic client and add-ins are localized into
Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian,
Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese,
Spanish, and Traditional Chinese.
- The language of the Autodesk Vault Basic CAD add-in
must be the same language as the CAD application.
- Vault Professional is
localized into Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, English, French, German,
Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional
- The language of the Autodesk Vault CAD add-in must be the same
language as the CAD application. To use Vault Professional with
Hungarian, Korean, and Spanish CAD applications, first install the
correct language of Vault Basic. This will install the correct language
of the Vault add-in to the CAD applications. Then install the Vault
Other client language notes:
- The Vault client does not support runtime language
- It is not supported to switch a CAD application's language
to a configuration which does not meet the criteria outlined in the
- An English version of Autodesk Design Review 2013 is
included in Vault client products for Russian, Polish, Czech,
Hungarian, and Traditional Chinese.
- An English version of Autodesk DWG TrueView 2014 is
included in all Vault client products for all languages except Japanese
ADMS Language Configurations
Any server meeting the following criteria can work with any
client of any language meeting the client criteria above.
- The Autodesk Data Management Server (ADMS) is supported on
operating systems of the following languages: Brazilian Portuguese,
Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean,
Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese.
- An English language ADMS is supported on all supported
non-English language operating system.
- A non-English ADMS must match the language of the operating
- Any case insensitive collation and/or language of SQL may
be used with any language ADMS.
from one Language of Vault Server to a different language of Vault
Server is only supported if it is to or from an English Language Vault
Other ADMS language notes:
- Restoring a backup from a different SQL collation other
than the collation currently being used will result in the backup's
collation being used.
Connected Workgroup Server Language Configurations
Any server meeting the above criteria can work with any other
server of any language meeting the above criteria.
Other replication related language notes:
- The publisher's SQL collation/language determines
collation/language in a replicated environment regardless of the
installed SQL language at subscribers.
- Autodesk recommends all SQL installations in a replicated
environment be the same language.
Add-in Installation Information
Please see the system requirements and installation
instructions for your AutoCAD product for installation information
specific to your AutoCAD product.
- After uninstalling and reinstalling the Vault client, the
Vault tab in the AutoCAD ribbon may not be available. This can be
corrected by switching workspaces in AutoCAD.
- The Vault ribbon and toolbar may be missing when launching
AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based products from the same installation but using
different profiles. To restore the Vault ribbon and toolbar, enter
CUILOAD and load the "VaAc.cuix" file from the respective locations:
- For Windows 7 and 8 - C:\Users\ [username]
\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ [product name] \[version]\
- Files with point cloud attachments are not supported. If
checked in, the file will lose its association to the point cloud
- Files with PDF attachments are not supported. If checked
in, the file will lose its association to the PDF attachment.
- The Change Category command is available in AutoCAD. It is
not available in AutoCAD Electrical or AutoCAD Mechanical.
- Image reference of a DWG file will not be loaded correctly, if the DWG file had been moved.
AutoCAD Civil 3D
- When using Vault Professional
with AutoCAD Civil 3D, a configuration file must be imported into every
vault database which will be accessed from a Civil 3D client. The
configuration file, Civil3D_Vault_Configuration.cfg, can be found at
[ADMS Install directory]\Custom Configuration.
- For more information on the Vault Add-In for AutoCAD Civil
3D, please refer to the AutoCAD Civil 3D Readme and Help.
Folder Check In
- The following methods may be used with Folder Check In on
large folders if problems occur:
- Add sub-folders individually. To do this, first break
down the main folder into sub-folders. Then set the working folder to
the top most folder. This will maintain the folder structure and file
relationships after check-in.
- Increase the number of GDI handles. Please see this
Microsoft article for instructions. Seek assistance from your
Administrator if you are not familiar with Registry settings.
- The following are restrictions on Folder Check In of DXF
files from within AutoCAD based products:
- DXF files with attachments cannot be checked into the
Vault (be it within or outside working folder).
- Only single DXF files without attachments can be
checked into the Vault if they are placed within the working folder.
The user will be prompted to save the DXF file upon every Check-in.
- DXF files will not be checked into the Vault when
checking in a folder containing DXF files from outside working folder.
- DXF files will be checked into the Vault when checking
in a folder containing DXF files from within the working folder. In
this case, DXF files with attachments will be checked in but all file
relationships will be lost.
- To check in files with model documentation drawing views, a
default Inventor project file is required to be set in the Vault
- To ensure synchronization with Vault, it is recommended to
set the Inventor project file in AutoCAD to be the same as the default
Inventor project file in the Vault options.
Sheet Sets and
Sheet Set Manager (SSM)
Add-in Installation Information
- Please see the system requirements and installation
instructions for your Inventor product for installation information
specific to your Inventor product.
- When using Inventor LT with Vault, the user's workspace is preset to %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Vault\Designs and mapped to the
root folder “$” in Vault. The workspace mapping cannot be changed.
- If you desire to work with a different workspace you must
first disable the Vault add-in. To stop working in a vaulted
environment, unload the Inventor Vault Add-In, uncheck Load
Automatically for the add-in, and restart Inventor LT. After which, the
ability to change a user's workspace will be restored.
- To load the Vault Add-In manually from the Add-in Manager,
all documents must be closed. Otherwise, the add-in will not load.
- Assembly files are not supported in Inventor LT. If an
assembly file is opened from Vault a warning message will not be
- Vault functionality included in Task Scheduler is disabled
in Inventor LT.
- Viewing assembly files in Vault which contain Content
Center parts or running Pack and Go on assemblies which contain Content
Center parts will result in issues if Inventor LT was last run. If
viewing an assembly with Content Center parts the view will not load.
If attempting a Pack and Go on an assembly with Content Center parts
the exported Inventor project file will have the Content Center path
set to [Default] and a missing file warning may be displayed upon
opening the assembly. These issues can be avoided by running Inventor
View immediately prior to either the View or Pack and Go operation.
All Vault Editions
- The Vault browser will show that a file has been edited in
memory for iPart Factories and iAssembly Factories if any members were
renamed in Vault Explorer.
- When using substitutes, it is strongly recommended that all
data be created within the working folder. If the data was created
outside of the working folder and then added to a Vault, it is
recommended you open the file from Vault, Edit the file, and then save
and check in all assemblies before performing any other Vault
- The Inventor Vault add-in does not support AutoCAD files
with model documentation drawing views of Inventor references.
- If opening an AutoCAD file with model documentation drawing
views of Inventor references, the Inventor add-in will prompt more than
once to check out and update properties for the file.
- The ‘Create DWF Job’ for Inventor files (and AutoCAD files
with model documentation drawing views of Inventor references) will
always use the Administrator defined Vault Inventor project file
setting. If the admin has not set a project file, a failure stating
‘The default Inventor project file is not set or could not be found.’
will be logged for the job. This error will also be displayed for
updating DWFs locally if there is no administrator or user Inventor
project file specified.
Detail IDs will not be created for Substitute Parts when
the master assembly is uploaded to Vault using "Check In Project". The
Update File References command should be executed in Vault Explorer to
get Detail IDs created for Substitute Parts.
- Inventor assemblies that are checked in with an active LOD
will not have Detail IDs extracted.
Vault for Revit Products
- Vault add-in for Revit requires Autodesk Vault Professional 2014
- Requires additional download for add-in, retrieve from Autodesk.com
called: “Autodesk Revit Integration for Autodesk Vault Professional
2014 (Server)”. This includes components required to support
Revit 2014 features in Autodesk Vault Professional 2014 (Server)
Vault Synchronization with Buzzsaw
- Vault Synchronization with Buzzsaw requires Autodesk Vault Professional 2014
- Requires additional download of synchronization utility from either Subscription Center or Buzzsaw
- Autoloader supports Inventor R10 and newer data.
- Autoloader supports AutoCAD R14 (and AutoCAD R14 products)
and newer data.
- Follow these guidelines for autoloading data in to the
- If autoloading Inventor files and not publishing DWF
files, upload in batches no greater than 30,000 files.
- If autoloading Inventor files and publishing DWF files,
upload in batches no greater than 20,000 files.
- If autoloading AutoCAD or DWG files without publishing
DWF, upload in batches no greater than 50,000 files.
- If autoloading AutoCAD or DWG files and publishing DWF,
upload in batches no greater than 30,000 files.
- Close as many applications as possible while autoloading
- Autoloader copies all files which will be uploaded to a
temporary folder on the system that is running Autoloader. Therefore,
enough free space must be available to accommodate the duplication of
the files. If publishing DWF or DWFX files, enough space must also be
available to accommodate the visualization files as well.
- Prior to autoloading data, it is strongly recommended that
you fully backup all vaults.
- In order to use Autoloader, you must disable Enforce Unique
File Names in the Vault.
- Autoloader does not support auto ownership transfer. Please
ensure you are uploading to a server/folder of which you have ownership.
- The Upload Report generated after files have been uploaded
can only be viewed on the machine which created the report.
- Autoloader requires that Inventor 2013 or Inventor 2014 be
installed (and be the last version of Inventor run) as well as a Vault
2014 product be installed on the same system as Autoloader to upload
- DWF publishing is not supported when autoloading Inventor
data with Inventor LT.
- AutoCAD files with model documentation drawing views of
Inventor references are not supported with Autoloader.
- If Inventor needs to re-register with the operating system
while Autoloader is running, Inventor's re-registration process may
cause Autoloader to close. Be sure to save all Scan and Upload reports
prior to starting Inventor with Autoloader running.
- In order to publish visualization files (DWF or DWFx) for
Inventor iParts, Autoloader requires that Microsoft Office Excel 2007
or newer is installed.
- It is required that all Inventor files be uploaded into the
same folder in the vault. By default this folder is named Designs, but
you may change the name by using the Rename button. You may only change
the name if you have not yet uploaded any files to the Designs folder.
- If Direct 3D 9 is installed on your machine, it is
recommended that you change the Inventor hardware setting to any value
other than Direct 3D prior to doing DWF or DWFX publishing in
- AutoCAD file types may be uploaded to any folder in the
- AutoCAD Electrical files, AutoCAD Mechanical files, and
Mechanical Desktop files will all be uploaded to the vault as vanilla
AutoCAD files. This may result in the loss of file relationships.
- Sheet Set Data will be uploaded to the vault as vanilla
AutoCAD files. This may result in the loss of sheet set relationships.
It is recommended that you use Sheet Set Manager to check in sheet set
Office Add-in Installation Information
The following versions of Microsoft Office applications are
supported with Vault 2014:
|Microsoft Office Versions
2010 (32 and 64 bit)
2010 (32 and 64 bit)
||2007, 2010 (32 and 64 bit)
- For best results, Autodesk recommends installing all available
updates and service packs for your version of Microsoft Office.
- If you cannot install Vault for Microsoft Office, you may
need to install certain Microsoft Updates. Please see Technical
Solution TS1072986 for detailed information.
Office Add-in Information
- When previewing documents in Vault which are open in Word
2007, the check in, check out, and undo check out commands may not work
correctly in Microsoft Word. To correct the issue select another detail
tab in the Vault client and retry the operation.
The Microsoft Outlook Add-in is available in Vault Professional.
Outlook Add-in Installation Information
The following versions of Microsoft Outlook applications are
supported with Vault 2014:
Outlook || 2007, 2010 (32 and 64 bit)
- Please see the Vault Help documentation for
important additional detail on configuring and using the Outlook add-in.
- The Microsoft Outlook add-in is not automatically
installed. You must expand the client settings during installation of
the Vault client and select to install the Outlook add-in.
- For best results, Autodesk recommends installing all available
updates and service packs for your version of Microsoft Outlook.
the MSG iFilter
In order to extract file properties from Outlook emails you
must first install and set up the MSG iFilter on all client machines
and the machine which is running ADMS.
Windows 7 and 2008
- For Windows 8, MSG iFilter for Outlook is provided by the Operating System itself.
After installing the Outlook add-in, it is recommended that a
Vault administrator follow these steps to map the following two
- In the Vault client go to Tools > Administration
> Vault Settings.
- Select the Behaviors tab and click on the Properties button.
- Click New to create a new User-Defined Property (UDP).
- In the Name field type in Email Conversation Topic.
- In the Associations field select the category to which
emails will be assigned.
- You may want to create an Email category prior to
creating the property.
- On the Mapping tab, select an email file in the Vault or on
disk and map the UDP to the Item Name file property.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 to map an Email Sent Date UDP to
the Sent Date file property.
- Close all Administration dialogs.
- Start Outlook and log in to the Vault.
- Click the Vault Settings button.
- In the Conversation Topic Property field select the Email
Conversation Topic UDP.
- In the Sent On Property field select the Email Sent Date
- Click OK.
With these property settings, the Outlook add-in will treat
email conversations as file associations in Vault. You will be able to
use the Uses and Where Used tabs in the Vault client to view the email
thread for all emails checked into Vault.
Outlook Add-in Information
- If you map a calendar folder to a Vault folder, when you
accept or decline the request you may be notified that a mail item has
been removed in Outlook, and that it should be removed from the Vault.
- If you notice system performance is being impacted after
installing the MSG iFilter, please see the Help documentation for
information on changing the indexing options to improve performance.
The web client is available in Vault Professional.
The following version of web browsers are supported with Vault
|| 8, 9, 10
|Google® Chrome TM
The SharePoint integration is available in Vault Professional.
SharePoint Installation Information
The following version of SharePoint is supported with Vault
|Office SharePoint Versions
- When installing Office SharePoint Integration, ensure that
Office SharePoint Server Search Services Status is started. You can
start it in SharePoint Central administration -> Operations
->Services on Server.
- Ensure that Shared Services have been created in SharePoint
Server before installing the SharePoint Integration. If there is more
than one Shared Service on your Server, this installation is installed
to all of the services.
- If both Autodesk Data Management Server and Autodesk Office
SharePoint Configuration have been installed on the same computer, you
will need to repair the Autodesk Office SharePoint Configuration
installation after the Autodesk Data Management Server is uninstalled.
- To configure SharePoint with search settings:
- Open the Shared Services Administration in SharePoint
- Select the Shared Services that you want to configure.
- Open the home page for this Shared Services
Administration (e.g., Shared Services 1).
- Open the Configure Search Setting page.
- Click content sources and crawl schedules to open the
Manage Content Sources Page.
- Start all crawls.
Autodesk Vault Professional, Autodesk Vault Collaboration,
Autodesk Vault Workgroup, Autodesk Vault Basic, Autodesk Data
Management Server, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, and
AutoCAD Electrical are trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. in the United
States and/or other countries. Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows
Server 2008, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007,
and Microsoft Office 2010 are either trademarks or registered
trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other
countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective
Copyright © 2013 Autodesk, Inc.