Autodesk® DWF™ Viewer 7 Service Pack 1 README
Published Date: 15 November 2006
Minimum Operating Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition, or Windows 2000 SP4
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6 or later
- 800 MHz Intel® Pentium® III processor (faster processor recommended)
- 96 MB RAM (128 MB RAM or more recommended)
- 50 MB free disk space for installation
- 800 x 600 VGA (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- Mouse, trackball, or compatible pointing device
- If you have Autodesk® DWF™ Viewer 7 and either the IE7 Hotfix beta or the released IE7 Hotfix installed, follow these instructions:
- Uninstall DWF Viewer 7.
- Reinstall DWF Viewer 7 from http://www.autodesk.com/dwfviewer.
- Download DWFViewer7_SP1.exe.
- Execute installer to patch existing program.
- After installing the Service Pack, the About Autodesk DWF Viewer dialog box still shows the original Build Version number, 18.104.22.1688, and not the Service Pack's Build Version number, 22.214.171.1246. Solution: To see the build version number of the Service Pack, in Windows Explorer, locate the DWF Viewer executable, DWFViewer.exe. Right-click DWFViewer.exe and choose Properties to open the DWFViewer.exe Properties dialog box. The proper version number of the installed Service Pack is shown on the Version tab.
Primary Issues Resolved by the Service Pack
- The ECompositeViewer.ColorMode API for plotting Black & White now handles black and white printing correctly.
- When replaying an animation with Loop on, the parts' relative positions now match the original positions in the initial view.
- The whole model no longer moves when using the arrow keys to move or rotate the selected part(s).
- In some Inventor iAssembly files, hyperlinks in the Data Pane are no longer broken.
- When selecting tools from the More button at the end of a toolbar, the correct button for the selected tool is shown the next time the More button is clicked.
- When loading a DWF file, Layers parameters are now processed as they were in previous versions.
- The API for ExecuteCommand is no longer disabled.
- Clicking a hyperlink in a DWF file embedded in a Web page no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- The program now works with Visual Studio .NET 2005 (.NET framework 2.0).
- When previewing a large DWF file in the Preview area of the Print dialog box, clicking Stop as you advance the sheets no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- While orbiting a 3D model, using the CTRL + P key combination opens the Print dialog box. After clicking OK or Cancel, the Orbit tool no longer switches to Rotate Vertically.
- When viewing some DWF files in Grayscale, images no longer have pieces missing from them.
- After opening some DWF files generated by Inventor 10, using the Orbit tool first no longer causes the program to close unexpectedly.
- When orbiting a 3D model, the model no longer appears to be redrawn twice.
- Toggling the Text Pane on and off no longer creates a flashing area in the upper, left corner of the program window.
- The "Publish DWF and Email" command no longer causes Inventor to close unexpectedly.
- The Main Menu is no longer missing from the program window when Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is installed.
- Performance enhancements have been made to loading DWF files and navigating between sheets.
- 3Dconnexion has added support for its Space Traveler device, making it easier to manipulate 3D models.
© Copyright 2006 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved. Autodesk® and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks in the U.S. and/or other countries.