Selecting Multiline Text That Uses TrueType Fonts Slows Performance
This update corrects a problem that causes performance to slow when TrueType text is selected.
Description of Problem
Selecting multiline text (mtext) that was created using some TrueType fonts with different widths can significantly slow system performance.
- AutoCAD® 2004
- AutoCAD LT® 2004
- Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2004
- Autodesk® Building Systems 2004
- AutoCAD® Electrical 2004
- Autodesk Map® 2004
- Autodesk® Land Desktop 2004
- AutoCAD® Mechanical 2004
- AutoCAD® Mechanical 2004 DX
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop® 2004
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop® 2004 DX
To install the file on the target computer
- Close AutoCAD and all other applications, and log in as Administrator.
- Download the updated dswhip.dll file to a temporary location.
- Navigate to the folder where AutoCAD 2004 is installed, usually c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2004.
- Select the dswhip.dll file, press F2, and then enter a new name; for example, BACKUP_dswhip.dll.
- Locate the dswhip.dll file that you downloaded, right-click it, and then click Copy.
- In the AutoCAD 2004 folder, right-click, and then click Paste.
Note: To uninstall this fix, delete the dswhip.dll file in the AutoCAD 2004 folder, and then rename the backup file you saved in the folder to dswhip.dll.