Thank you for downloading Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D® 2015 Service Pack 1
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of the Service Pack. It is strongly recommended that you read the entire document before you apply the Service Pack to your product. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy.
WARNING: Before uninstalling the service pack please read the Uninstall This Service Pack section
You can apply this Service Pack to the following Autodesk® products running on all supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct Service Pack for your software.
NOTE: You can also use Autodesk Exchange to install the Live Update Maintenance Patches, which will automatically show the correct Service Pack for your product.
New For This Release: The new Autodesk Application Manager will automatically notify you that an Update is available before going to the Web to download the service pack.
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2015
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2015
This Service Pack can be applied to Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2015 installed from the following Autodesk Design Suites.
· Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2015
When you apply this Service Pack while running AutoCAD Map 3D, it is recommended that you do not click the "Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete" option. Instead, close AutoCAD Map 3D manually, and press "Ignore" at the prompt. It is also recommended that you reboot your system after installing the Service Pack.
CAD Manager Tools
· MAPPROPSLT does not work on Windows 8.
· On some Windows 8.1 machines, Surface Manager may cause Map 3D to stop working when you click on the fields in Parameters column.
· On a machine without Oracle client installed, Map 3D has ‘Fail to load WMSProvider.dll’ problem.
Note: You cannot install AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD MEP and AutoCAD Mechanical side-by-side when you have one of the listed products installed and have service pack applied already. You need to uninstall service pack first, then other listed products can be installed.
Note: Autodesk Sync (AdSync) patch will automatically get installed with the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT patch.
As you prepare to install this Service Pack, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUIX, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this Service Pack.
During installation, you will be prompted for the original installation media or a network image. In order to apply this Service Pack, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
Administrators can deploy this Service Pack over a network using the Deployment Wizard.
About Your Product
After you install the Service Pack, updated product information displays in the About dialog box.
After you install, it is recommended to reboot your system even if not prompted.
The following Microsoft Windows command line switches are built into this Service Pack:
· /e – Extracts the MSP file from the Service Pack executable.
· /q – Suppresses the completion message after the Service Pack is applied. This is useful if you use a script or batch file to apply this Service Pack to multiple computers.
Instructions about how to use the /e command line switch are included in the installation procedures that follow.
Follow these instructions to install this Service Pack on a single computer.
1. Download the Service Pack and save it to any folder.
2. If required, insert the product media (for example, the AutoCAD installation disc).
3. Find the folder where you saved the Service Pack and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Follow these instructions to install this Service Pack on multiple computers using your Local Network.
1. Download the Service Pack and save it to any shared folder on your Local Network.
2. Find the shared folder where you saved the Service Pack, and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Note: Installation through your local network using the CAD Manager Control Utility is not supported for this service Pack.
The following distribution method applies only to administrative images created with the Deployment Wizard. After you complete these procedures, subsequent deployments of your product will include this Service Pack.
In all cases, append this Service Pack to the deployment. The only time it is appropriate to merge the Service Pack is if you intend to distribute the deployment through a group policy object.
The patch (Service Pack) file that you download contains an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file, which you extract from the executable file using the /e (extract) switch. For an example of the syntax, see step 2, below.
1. From the Autodesk Product Support website, download the Service Pack EXE file to your local computer.
2. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run. Enter the following information and click OK.
<local_drive:>\<patch_name> /e <local_drive:>\< patch_name>.msp
3. Insert the Autodesk media and launch setup.exe.
4. Select Create Deployments. Click Next.
5. On the Begin Deployment page, in the Specify the Deployment Location box, enter the shared network location where you would like to create an administrative image, or click Browse to find a location. Users install the product from this location.
6. In the Specify a Deployment Name box, enter the name for your deployment.
7. Continue through the Deployment wizard, open and configure the deployment in the product configuration page, click Add to find the Service Pack extracted in Step 2. Notice that the Service Pack has been added in the Include Service Pack(s) from local drive or local network box. Close and return to the product list.
8. Follow the instructions in the Deployment wizard to complete the Service Pack deployment.
Note: When AutoCAD or LT service pack is included in deployment, the deployment will only install the AutoCAD or LT product service pack without update files for Autodesk Sync.
To uninstall the Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 Service Pack 1, use the Uninstall a program for Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1. Expand your window to see the updates and then select the service pack to remove it.
1. Uninstalling the service pack in a side-by-side environment where AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 and other AutoCAD products are installed on the same machine may cause licensing errors for the applications on start-up. Should this occur, follow the instruction http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22241522&linkID=9240617 to rectify the problem. If the solution does not work on your machine for some reason, pls reinstall the service pack to make the product workable and contact our product support.
2. If you install the service pack by a DVD, you will need the DVD for uninstalling the service pack because it needs to find the acadmap.msi during the uninstallation.
We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution. We also thank you for your continued business and for feedback regarding the content of this update release.
Autodesk Product Team
Copyright ©2014 Autodesk, Inc.