Service Pack 2
October 7, 2015
Release Notes - Autodesk Alias 2016 SP2 Readme file
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, this Service Pack 2 for Autodesk® Alias 2016 fixes or addresses a variety of issues.
- The Plugin Search Path in the Miscellaneous tab in General Preferences does not work. (401182)
- The Transform tool does not respect the current pick mask. (401026)
- On the Mac, posting a menu followed by posting another menu causes Alias to hang. (401226)
- When exporting to NX with the Split Periodic Surfaces option selected, trimmed cylinders may lose their trim curves after the split. (400944)
- Errors occur when stitching models containing long straight edges transitioning into sharp curved sections. (399530)
- The accuracy of IGES import translations in Alias 2016 is not as good as in Alias 2015. (401160)
Docking the Reference Manager causes the window to go blank. (398499)
Problems occur when editing tool labels. (401004)
In the Transform CV tool, CVs do not move in the expected directions. (397669)
Alias becomes unusable if you ESC out of a confirm. (401165)
In the Multi-Surface Draft tool, when the Draft angle is not 0, the tool may crash if Intersect Flanges and Trim Convert are selected. (400893)
Realigning a curve-on-surface through a history update produces geometry that cannot be extended using the Merge and Extrapolate settings. (400616)
The Layer Bar slider snaps to the left when clicked. (400984)
Diagnostic Shade interferes with the shading performed by individual tools (such as the Set Orientation tool). (401009)
After installing Alias 2016, double-clicking on a wire file on the desktop could initiate the install/uninstall/repair process instead of launching Alias and opening the wire file. (400785)
NX V10 files cannot be imported. (401269)
In the Freeform Blend tool, the CVs of the free curve are always used in the case of free curve input, however they should only be used when Explicit Control is not selected. (401257)
Return to Top
Autodesk and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of
Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and
pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or
graphical errors that may appear in this document.
Copyright © 2015 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.