The following sections describe some performance improvements in Autodesk Maya 2011.
- Faster skin weights painting in backface culling mode.
- Faster 3D painting on large NURBS surfaces.
Display and User Interface Components
- Faster texture load for heavy scenes with a lot of textures. Formats optimized are .bmp, .jpg, .png, .tga.
- Significant performance improvement for scenes using global illumination with the mia_material_x_passes shader.
- Faster constraint evaluation for the point, parent, and orient constraints based on optimized weight-checking.
- Non-linear deformers are now multi-threaded.
- Faster nParticle meshing.
- Faster sculpting with Artisan for high polygon models.
- Improvements to file input/output performance.
- New environment variable MAYA_NO_PARALLEL_MEMCPY that allows you to disable parallel memory copy. This may improve speed for