In this lesson you began
your orientation to Maya by learning:
- How to start Maya on your computer.
- The Maya workspace, and how it shows
three dimensional space (X, Y, Z).
- How Maya color-codes items and tools
related to X, Y, Z.
- The location of the main menus for the
various modules within Maya.
- How to create a three-dimensional object
from the Polygons menu.
- The location of the Status
Line and how items are displayed as icons.
- About the Shelf how
to create a three dimensional object from the Shelf.
- How to hide and show the Channel
Box and that basic transformation, scaling, and rotational
information for an object can viewed in the Channel
- How to save your work.
- How to exit Maya.
As you proceed through
Getting Started with Maya you should be familiar with the fundamental
concepts and skills covered in this first chapter.
If you want to learn
more about a particular tool or feature that has been presented
in this lesson, refer to the Maya Help.