To ensure the lessons
work as described, do the following:
- Consider doing the lessons in the Rendering
section of this guide. Familiarity with Maya rendering concepts
is important to understanding the following lessons.
- If you have not already done so, copy
the GettingStarted folder
from its installation location to your projects directory.
Then, set the GettingStarted directory
as your Maya project. For more information, see
Copying and setting the Maya project.
File > New Scene to
create a new scene.
- To use all available screen space, maximize
the Maya window.
- From a panel menu bar, select Panels
> Layouts > Single Pane.
- Select the Rendering menu
set. Unless otherwise noted, the directions in this chapter assume
the Rendering menu set is selected.