In this lesson, you completed
the construction of the classic temple and learned how to:
- Display objects in template mode.
- Select objects at their component level
using selection masks and the right mouse button.
- Assign and edit shading materials for
your objects in the scene.
- Access the Attribute editor and
view the various node types for objects.
As you proceed through
Getting Started with Maya, we assume you are familiar with the fundamental
concepts and skills covered in this first chapter.
Before proceeding to
the next chapter you may want to review the material presented in
this lesson so you are familiar with the concepts and skills associated
with them. Some suggested tasks you may want to do on your own:
- Practice construction of additional forms
using primitive shapes by creating. additional details for your
temple scene (stairs, roof details, etc.).
- Learn more about the tools and options
that have been presented in this lesson, by referring to the Maya
Help. To view the Maya Help,
Help > Maya Help.