Maya provides many predefined fur descriptions.
These fur descriptions, also referred to as presets, can
be used as a starting point in creating fur for a model. Fur description
presets can also be customized.
In this lesson you learn
- Duplicate parts of a model across its
axis of symmetry.
- Rename surfaces.
- Assign surfaces to display layers.
- Apply a fur description preset to the
surfaces of a model.
- Reverse surface normals on surfaces to
ensure the fur description is oriented correctly.
- Change the direction of the fur description
on some of the surfaces.
- Paint a fur attribute map to modify the
fur length in an area of a surface.
- Modify the fur color attributes of a
- Create a new fur description for a surface
and modify its attributes.