Plotting to Raster Files Performance Improvement Hotfix
This hotfix speeds up the plotting to raster file formats, especially bitonal CALS or TIFF files.
Description of Problem
Plotting drawings to most raster file formats is slower in AutoCAD® 2007-based products when compared to previous versions of the same applications. This is most evident when plotting to bitonal CALS or TIFF files.
- AutoCAD® 2007
- AutoCAD Electrical 2007
- AutoCAD LT® 2007
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2007
- Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Building Systems 2007
- Autodesk Civil 3D® 2007
- Autodesk Inventor® Professional 11(1)
- Autodesk Inventor Series 11(1)
- Autodesk Land Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Map® 3D 2007
- Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007
- Autodesk Raster Design 2007
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit® Series Building 9.x (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 3 (2)
- Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series Structure 4 (2)
(1) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 or Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2007.
(2) Apply this patch only if the installation includes AutoCAD 2007.
To install the Plotting to Raster Files Performance Improvement Hotfix
You must have administrative privileges on your Microsoft® Windows® operating system to complete the installation process.
Note: This hotfix should only be applied after installing AutoCAD® 2007 Service Pack 1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- Close all software applications.
- Find the product installation folder; for example c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007.
- In this folder, right-click the AdImaging.dll file and select Properties.
- Click the Version tab and confirm the file version.
- If this file is version 220.127.116.11 -OR- 18.104.22.168, then proceed with this installation.
- If this file is less than version 22.214.171.124, then you must first install AutoCAD® 2007 Service Pack 1 or corresponding service packs for other affected products.
- If this file is version 126.96.36.199 or greater, then this hotfix has already been applied and you do not need to proceed with the installation.
- Rename the affected files.
- In the product installation folder, right-click the file AdImaging.dll and rename it AdImaging.bak.
- In the subfolder DRV within the product installation folder (for example, c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2007\DRV), right-click the file raster9.hdi and rename it raster9.bak.
- Download and copy the affected files.
- Download and copy the AdImaging.dll file to the product installation folder.
- Download and copy the raster9.hdi file to the subfolder DRV within the product installation folder.
- Verify the versions of the affected files.
- Right-click the new AdImaging.dll file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 188.8.131.52.
- Right-click the new raster9.hdi file and select Properties. Click the version tab and confirm that this file is version 184.108.40.206.
Note: To remove this hotfix, delete the new AdImaging.dll and raster9.hdi files that you downloaded to the product install and DRV folders and restore the files you renamed in Step 5 to the original names.