Autodesk® Design Review Batch Print Plug-in README
Updated: 14 February 2007
About the Batch Print Plug-in
Using the Autodesk® Design Review Batch Print plug-in, you can print multiple DWF files at the same time from Design Review 2008 or from the command prompt.
- Autodesk® Design Review 2008
- 10 MB free disk space for installation
- Internet connection to download and install the plug-in
Install the Batch Print Plug-in
Before you can print multiple DWF files at the same time, you must first install the free Batch Print plug-in.
To install the Batch Print plug-in
- If necessary, exit Design Review 2008.
- On the plug-in Web page, click the EXE file.
- When prompted, click Run.
- Follow the installation wizard’s prompts.
The next time you start Design Review, Batch Print is available on the File menu.
Note: You can also install the Batch Print plug-in from Design Review. See the Design Review Help file for details.
Use the Batch Print Plug-in
How to use the Batch Print plug-in is explained in the Design Review 2008 Help file.
- Hewlett-Packard Instant Printing™ (HPIP) can, in most cases, automatically detect the loaded paper size. However, if the plotter/printer is installed behind a server, the SNMP request will fail. Solution: Manually select the paper size in the Print dialog box.
- When batch printing, the batch print job may not produce the expected output. The batch print job may contain incorrect content, such as corrupted DWF files. Solution: Check the log file after printing for more details. The log file is saved in the same location as the saved BPJ file. If the BPJ file was not saved, the log file is saved in the C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp folder.
- In the Batch Print Wizard, when selecting the files or folders containing DWF files that you want to print, the older version of the generic DWF file icon is displayed.
- In the Batch Print Wizard, when using the arrow keys and Spacebar to select the files or folders containing DWF files that you want to print, only the last file selected is added to the batch print job. Solution: Use the mouse to select files to be added to the batch print job.
- In the Batch Print Wizard, when selecting a file containing only a data sheet, that file cannot be added to the batch print job.
- The Batch Print plug-in can be installed multiple times.
- When installing the Batch Print plug-in, Design Review does not close automatically. Solution: After finishing installing the Batch Print plug-in, restart Design Review manually.
- In the Batch Print Wizard, when selecting a password-protected DWF file, you are prompted for the file's password three times during the batch printing process.
- In the Batch Print Wizard, after saving a batch print job, you are prompted again to save the batch print job when exiting the Batch Print Wizard.
- To use the Batch Print Wizard, you must first open any DWF file in Design Review.
© Copyright 2007 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved. Autodesk® and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks in the U.S. and/or other countries.