Autodesk® Design Review JT Import Plug-in README
Updated: 17 February 2017
About the JT Import Plug-in
JT is a file format commonly used in manufacturing CAD programs. Using the Autodesk® Design Review JT Import plug-in, you can import a JT file into Design Review. During the import process, Design Review publishes a new DWF file from the JT file. The original file is unaffected by the import process.
Design Review requires the latest version of the JT Import Plug-in. After installing Design Review, download the latest version of the JT Import Plug-in from Autodesk.com and install it separately.
- Autodesk® Design Review
- 50 MB free disk space for installation
- Internet connection to download and install the plug-in
Install the JT Import Plug-in
Before you can import a JT file into Design Review, you must first install the free JT Import plug-in.
To install the JT Import plug-in
- If necessary, exit Design Review.
- On the plug-in Web page, click the EXE file.
- When prompted, click Run.
- Follow the installation wizard’s prompts.
The next time you start Design Review, in the Import File dialog box, the Files of Type drop-down list will display JT (*.jt) as an option.
Use the JT Import Plug-in
To import a JT file into Design Review
- Choose File > Import. The Import File dialog box opens.
- From the Files of Type drop-down list, select JT (*.jt).
- Navigate to where the JT file you want to import is stored.
- Select the file you want to import and click Open. The published DWF file opens in Design Review.
Note: While importing a message box may open, stating that some data loss may occur in the imported DWF file. Click OK to continue importing or click Cancel to stop the import.
Tip: To quickly import a JT file, you can drag and drop a JT file into the Canvas Pane of Design Review.
- JT files containing ambient color are not imported properly because Design Review does not support it.
- When importing a JT file containing spot light detail, the spot light detail is not imported properly because Design Review does not support it.
- Importing a JT file containing directional light will not display as expected in the resulting DWF file.
- Importing a JT file containing infinite light will not display as expected in the resulting DWF file.
- JT does not presently support thumbnail creation. Consequently, the generic thumbnail icons are used in Design Review instead.
- When importing some JT files, center point, radius, arc, and angle information may be lost because geometries are usually tessellated during import.
- When importing some JT files, textured surfaces may not display as expected in the resulting DWF file.
- JT files with mixed language file names may not be imported into the resulting DWF file.
© Copyright 2017 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.