Volo® View 3.0 Service Pack 2 ReadmeThe Volo View 3.0 Service Pack 2 addresses customer requests and known limitations in previous releases.
Please read the following information to take advantage of this service pack.
Who Should Install the Service Pack?
You should install the service pack if you have Volo View 3.0 build 986, 986e, or 992. Service Pack 2 includes Service Pack 1. You do not need to install Service Pack 1 before installing Service Pack 2. To find the build number:
- Start Volo View
- From the Help menu, choose About Volo View.
- In the upper left hand corner of the About Volo View box, you'll see Volo View 3.0 followed by the build number in parenthesis. If the build number is 986, 986e, or 992, then install the Service Pack.
Summary of Volo View 3 Service Pack 2 Fixes
- Opening an Inventor file from Windows Explorer now opens the file in Volo View (unless Inventor is installed) without immediatly shutting down or printing.
- Opening an Inventor file from Windows Explorer opens the file in Inventor when you have both Volo View and Inventor installed on the same machine.
- When viewing an IDW file, updating the information in the Page Setup dialog box no longer causes the drawing to disappear.
- IDW files saved as DWF files in Inventor now open properly in Volo View, regardless of the language setting used to save the DWF file.
- When viewing a file with the Inventor Design Assistant View command, Volo View now starts properly.
- Files with markups saved as RML now display correctly in all languages regardless of the original language that they were saved in.
- Installing Volo View now automatically installs the Inventor Plug-In regardless of whether Inventor is already installed on the machine. This does not change the behavior of Inventor or the behavior when opening an Inventor file from Window's Explorer.
Summary of Volo View 3 Service Pack 1 Fixes
- On Windows 98 or NT operating systems, the Browse buttons [...] on the Tools>Options dialog box now function properly.
- Named Views in DWF files now display correctly.
- DWF files published by Revit® and DWFwriterTM now display correctly. The geometry is no longer shifted in the drawing.
- A number of other minor defects that add more stability to the product were fixed.
Instructions for installing the Service Pack
- Download VoloViewSP2.exe, to your computer.
- Double-click the VoloViewSP2.exe file.
- Follow the instructions to install the service pack.
- When the text document is displayed, close the text window and then click Finish to complete the installation.
- To verify that the service pack has been installed, start Volo View and choose About Volo View from the Help menu.
If Volo View 3 Service Pack 2 has been successfully installed, you will see Volo View 3.0 (Build 996) in the upper left hand corner of the About Volo View box.